  • Subject: RE: Automating data from AS/400 to Microsoft Access.
  • From: "Christopher J. Jewell (Jewell Consulting)" <jewellcj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 17:39:13 -0800

To avoid writing any CGI or RPG at all, you might as well use a Java Servlet
program (to write the web page's HTML table  directly) with JDBC access to
DB2/400. JDBC would also give you access to the 'Meta Data' or field
definitions which would let you build an HTML table for any file. This could
all run natively on the AS/400 at V4R3 with the HTTP server running. A very
nice project for someone!

Chris Jewell
mailto://jewellcj@jewellconsult.com