Now i am really confused. I always tought that GUI meant Graphical User
Interface. If i follow your logic and i put in my green screen program hit F3
to finish, hit F7 for $20, F8 for $50, I then have a GUI application???

I would apreciate if someone, among the numerous very knowledgable people on
this list, could post a definition of GUI. I think that some of the difference
of opinion on the subject comes from the fact that GUI means different thing to
different persons.

Denis Robitaille
Cascades inc.
Tel: 819-363-5187
DRobitaille@cascades.com

>>> "Jeff Carey" <jcarey@trase.com> 12/02 5:51 pm >>>
I can't think of an ATM I've used that wasn't GUI - hit this button for
$20, this for $50, etc.

I think the primary benefit of a GUI is reducing the learning curve.  Think
about it - you can gointo almost any Windows program and know at least the
basics of how to work it just because you know other Windows programs.
Compar that to the first time you saw that old WordPerfect blue screen in
DOS...

Don Schenck <schencd%AM_LZCH%VASELL@mr.mops.wl.com> on 12/02/98 06:27:04 AM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com