  • Subject: RE: To all AS/400 Gurus, Lovers ........
  • From: "Vuong Nguyen" <vuongtn2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 00:24:12 PST

>You misinterpret his comments.  He's not being critical of those
wishing to learn - as the comments were not directed at you.
>He was merely trying to suggest better ways of learning the AS/400 as
Midrange-L is not set up for teaching the AS/400 to those who don't know
it.  We all agree that training new people on the AS/400 is important,
it's just that this isn't really the place to do it.

>Try some of these links.  Some require (free) registration.  Many
contains useful links to other sites:

)
>>> What would be a good place for help and advise? ( ... )
>>> ( ... ) I am only two weeks old with AS/400 ( ... )
>>
>>This topic of newbies raising tons of questions on a professional list
>>was raised some time ago.
>>
>>You all agreed it's a loss of time to answer, nobody can achieve
formal
>>education on a net list. My point's the same, I won't answer.
>>
>>Still I wonder if someone could have a web page with updated resources
>>for all newcomers. I can provide a list of AS/400 resources on the net
>(
>>some 30 different URL's ) but it concerns only my domains of interest,
>>that's not all.
>>
>>In fact, we must really give them a hand, they will become ... one of
>>us. To reject them from the start is to reject a bit the system too.
>>Isn't it a part of the marketing efforts we're talking so much about ?
>>
>>Shouldn't IBM take care of such a task ?

Neil,

thank you for clearing it up with me, maybe I did not try to understand
that person's point of views.

The reasons I post this messages up on this discussion groups because I
did do my homeworks and it did me little help.  Furthermore, I do not
know any AS/400 users personally whom I could ask for advise or leads.
I would like to hear from AS/400 users' point of views about the AS/400
then someone who tries to sell the AS/400.

I, personally, appreciate everyone's knowleges and advises.

Moreover, am I not supposed to be here? (Very very novice user)

Again, thank you everyones for sharing and giving me their thoughts and
wise knowlege on the great AS/400.  Vuong.