  • Subject: RE: Benefits from V3R7 to V4R3
  • From: Neil Palmer <NeilP@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 21:16:02 -0500

OK - guess I sent that reply off a little too soon.  I was basing that reply
strictly on CPW and not code improvements.

On the weekend I just upgraded from V4R2 to V4R3.  Took a look at the run times
for my nightly backup job (it's basically a complete system backup, does other
cleanup stuff too) and it's dropped from 6h 45m to 6h 00m.  So obviously there
have been some improvements in the save code.

(That's on a model S10-2118 with 128MB memory, 3 x 8.589GB disks, and a 13/26GB
Internal QIC drive running off the MFIOP (same as the disk drives, no separate
disk controller - as with RAID-5 - which would make a big improvement in my
backup times).

Neil Palmer         DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
                                             AS/400~~~~~
Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada    ___________          ___  ~
Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:   (905) 731-9202          oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com        AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server