  • Subject: Re: Operations Console problem + question
  • From: "Larry D. Bolhuis" <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 22:09:16 -0500

Jamie,

  I have no clue on the font issue but I have set this up on NT without this
problem.

  A couple things:
  1) NT MUST have SP3 installed and Client Access needs a current fixpack (we
used SF50134).
  2) Since you will probably be installing RAS and a null modem (This is a
SOFTWARE null moadem and
it's in the install steps for CA Console on NT) you MUST re-install SP3 after
that or the connection
will not work.

  Yes you will get the DST signon each time. There is now minimal TCP/IP
support in DST and the base
connection to the AS/400 is set up at that level so that you can run DST from
the console.

  And don't feel bad about the time.  We had the AS/400 up in 20 minutes but
spent a day (including
trying new cables, and plenty of time on the phone with support) to the the
console working!

--
Larry Bolhuis         |
Arbor Solutions, Inc  | Two rules to success in life: