  • Subject: Re: RE: LIBL limitation of 25 libraries
  • From: "Denis Robitaille" <DRobitaille@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 15:35:55 -0500

This is excactly what we do right now. I'm sorry if i was not clear enought in
my previous explanation, i will give it another try.

We have several types of librairies:

Data library: They all start with the letter DATA and they contains the PF and
LF for a particular company/year
EX: DATA001Y97  : data for company #001 for the year 97
We need at most 2 of theese at a time in the libary list

Program libraries: They have the format APPxx where xx = the application code
(pay roll, production ...). They contains the part of the software that is
language independant: RPG, CL (source and object). It also contains the sources
of all other part of the software (DSPF, PRTF, menu ...)

Language libraries: They have the format APPxxLLL where xx = application code
and LLL = Language code. It contains language related objects: message files,
object of DSPF, PRTF, menu ... (The sources uses messages constant so only one
source member is needed and it is stored in APPxx)

Other libraries: QTEMP, QGPL

So, to be able to run an application, you need access to the data library, the
application library and the language library.

Here is a complete example of the library list of an english and sweedish user
who needs access to the same application for the same company:

English users:

QTEMP
QGPL
DATA001Y98            company 001  data for year 1998
APPIVENG                english componant of the IV (inventory) application
APPIV                        language independant componant of the IV
application
APPSAENG               english componant of the SA (sales) application
APPSA                       language independant componant of the SA application

Sweedish user:

QTEMP
QGPL
DATA001Y98            company 001  data for year 1998
APPIVSWE                sweedish componant of the IV (inventory) application
APPIV                        language independant componant of the IV
application
APPSASWE               sweedish componant of the SA (sales) application
APPSA                       language independant componant of the SA application

As you can see, the library list contains only the parts for one language

Denis Robitaille
Cascades inc.
Tel: 819-363-5187
DRobitaille@cascades.com

>>> "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@taylorcorp.com> 11/27 2:05 pm >>>
Why wouldn't you use different job descriptions for each the English and
Sweedish users?  There's no need to have english libraries in a library list
for the sweedish.

Bradley V. Stone
Taylor Corporation - OASIS Programmer/Analyst
bvstone@taylorcorp.com