Thanks in advance

Raj

 (Embedded     Rajan Srinivasan
 image moved   11-11-98 05:35 PM
 to file:      (Embedded image moved to file: PIC21657.PCX)
 PIC16165.PCX)

To:   MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
cc:
Subject:  USING WINDOW ON A DISPLAY FILE

  Hello,
                  I have a problem on using Window on a display file.
Basically this is what I am trying to do.

I have a regular data entry screen. Just wanted to pop a  window when the
user modified some input/output fields to confirm the
change. when the user presses F9 to udpate or   F12 to cancel.

The window pops up and also function keys work good on my ILE RPG Program.

THE PROBLEM
                When the user enters some invalid function key or when the
user try to scroll down by pressing pagn down key
then the system message is displayed like  " Funtion Key Not Allowed".
This message is displaying within the window and at the bottom of the
overlaying screen.

Could anyone can help me on this. I would like to show the message only at
the bottom of the window and not at the bottom of the
overlaying screen.

Does anyone come across this problem?.

Thanks

ACTUAL DISPLAY RECORD WITH WINDOW KEYWORD. THIS IS ONE THE RECORD ON THE
DISPLAY FILE.

      A          R CONFIRM

      A                                      CF09(10 'UPDATE')
      A                                      CA12(11 'CANCEL')
      A                                      KEEP
      A                                      WINDOW(8 15 4 45)
      A                                      WDWBORDER((*COLOR WHT)
(*DSPATR HI -
      A                                      RI))
      A                                  2  3'PRESS  <F9>  TO  CONFIRM
UPDATE
      A                                  2 37'(OR)'
      A                                  3 10'<F12> TO  CANCEL'

Raj

PIC16165.PCX

PIC21657.PCX