No Dean, that wasn't me.  In the fall of 92, my only "real" programmer (my
background is accounting, then turned to the System 34 and leaned RPG the
hard way), volunteered to become the facilities manager for our firm on a
very large move/build out/re-design of the whole firm.  So he moved from MIS
(in the old days we just thought it was "Data Processing" <g> ) and I was
left with 3 operators (24 hour shop) and myself.
We had been "drooling" over the idea of case tools, so I studied Synon and
SSA's AS/Set.  The AS/Set seemed much more flexible, so in Feb of 93 I made
the "big" purchase of $69,000.
As I had mentioned earlier, I found it had a "rough" leaning curve, but made
several ASUG meetings over the years.
I do have to admit, it did have some good things, and some things that I
later was able to "lift out" and apply with out all the excess baggage they
carried with it.
Unfortunately, about the time I felt really comfortable with this, SSA
dropped it.  The last USAG meeting I made, there was nothing but BPCS!

I really do feel that SSA was very unethical in this process, but that's
just my thoughts.  When we last changed from the "old" B60 we were running
to the current 310-2043, we just omitted AS/Set.  If anyone has any ideas or
suggestions, I am sure open.
By the way, our "Facilities Manager" is now back in MIS.

Anyway, thats my history of this "product".  Would welcome other's.

Jim Waymire
Simi Valley, Ca