  • Subject: Re: How to (re)train?
  • From: "Kathleen Kostuck" <kkostuck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 00:12:00 -0600

> for me, it would depend on the terms of her departure.  if she went to
work as a
> full time employee somewhere, and her reasons for wanting to return were
valid, i
> would consider it.
>
> but if she left and stole clients, and/or started a similar business, no
way,
> jose!  what do they say, a leopard does not change their spots!!

Well...

It's impossible to leave a consulting firm for *any* IS position in the
firm's market and not be considered disloyal or in competition, if that
consulting firm is so inclined.  My former employer made it clear to all
that, in his words, there were only 3 "honorable" ways to leave the firm.
They were;
1. Retire
2. Move away for personal reasons
3. Change profession. (become a CPA perhaps?)

But there are any number of reasons why a person leaves a position. Unless
they did something dishonest or illegal, it doesn't have to be taken
personally.  I've seen numerous instances where a person who could have
remained a valuable ally was instead marked as the enemy.

But I'm guessing that this isn't the issue here.

Kathleen Kostuck
(414) 402-0820       fax (414) 495-4986
kkostuck@execpc.com
AS/400 Solutions
Secretary - Wisconsin Midrange Computer Professionals Association