  • Subject: RE: Mincron Users ! Doing any printing on Laser Printers
  • From: "Draper, Dale" <dale.draper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 10:21:56 -0800

Here are some responses on a similar enquiry from another user list:
Hope some of this is of use......

==============
We have been using QuickCheck/400 from ACOM single source (WWW.ACOM.COM)  .
We print our cheques on an HP5 over a TCP/IP connection.  Overall it has
been fairly successful. We use MICR toner and print the MICR line along
with the signature.  We  make a call   from the  JDE cheque writing progam
directly to this product. We have a volume of about 25000 cheques annually
and we run 2 cheque runs per week. We also used this product to produce
other forms such as our  purchase orders.
===========================
We are currently running World A7.3 and in transition to OneWorld.  We have
had great success using Optio Software (www.optiosoftware.com)as a forms
software and Hewlett Packard laser printers (4000TN and 4P).  Optio allows
up to map the print file produced in JDE into custom forms. We have used
both pre-numbered checks without MICR coding as well as blank laser stock
with MICR coding.  We prefer the blank laser stock, particularly in Payroll
because if one prenumbered check feeds wrong, the ENTIRE print job must be
reset (including the checks that printed properly). Payroll processes about
1500 checks per month and A/P around 3000.  Optio also allows the company
logo to be pulled in as a graphic on the forms. As of July 1998 JDE OneWorld
did not that capability.
================
We print more than 50,000 pay checks per month. We are using FormServer 400
from Digital Designs Inc. with Lexmark laser printers with MICR toner
cartridges. DDI provides the overlay for the check that includes the lines,
constants (bank name, co name,logos,address,etc) and signature. Their
program picks up a vanilla JDE check spool file and merges the data with the
overlay. We've had it for a few years now and we're still happy. E-mail me
direct if you have any questions.
================
Although our volume is not near what yours will be, we have implemented
Forms/400 (now part of Create Print of America) and I believe a JDE
business partner.   This creates our check form and the micr line.  We
print all of our checks on an HP4mp.  Works pretty good for us!

==============
We are using a complementary JDE product called Create!print and print our
cheques on a laser printer. The Laser printer must be capable of Postscript
to use the software.  We also print the MICR coding which is very
successful but the MICR toner is expensive.  We print approximately 3000 to
4000 checks per month for all the companies in our group.  We have lots of
different cheque forms which are created in Create!print and stored in the
printer's memory, then merged with the JDE spool file.

We have been doing this for 4 to 5 years with very few hiccups.

Good luck,

Dale Draper
Sega Enterprises
650-802-3272