At 15:01 11/18/1998 , Angie Wawrzaszek wrote:
>I would like to create a program to change group profiles on the fly.  The
>idea is to create a generic menu that will allow a user to have one user
>profile and password but be able to get into different softwares.  1- BPCS
>2- Payroll, each software requires a different library list and different
>group profile.  I thought i could just do a chgjobd for the job description
>to pick up the new library list (?), but how can I change the group
>profile.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think what you might want is CHGLIBL to specify a new user library list, and
CHGUSRPRF to change the group profile. The CHGUSRPRF command should be executed
in a small program that does just that one function, and adopts authority of a
user (like QSECOFR) that can change the user profile. Access to this program
should also be tightly controlled, so you would need to adopt authority in any
program that calls it. The calling program(s) authority should probably be that
of the only user on the system that can run the CHGUSRPRF GRPPRF() program, and
do nothing else.

Have you considered using authorization lists for the security part? They can
be changed while secured object is in use, and may make the CHGUSRPRF slight of
hand unnecessary.

Pete Hall
peteh@inwave.com
http://www.inwave.com/~peteh/