Make sure you have the proper PTF's installed on your AS/400.  My chart is
out of date but if you order the out of date PTF's IBM will send you the
latest (anybody have the complete, updated list?).  My V3R7 PTF's are fine.
 What about the other ones?

>                    TELNET TN5250E Backfit PTF's
>
>           +-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+
>           |   V3R2    |   V3R7    |   V4R1    |   V4R2    |
>+----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+
>| 57xx-SS1 |  SF49121  |  SF47406  |  SF47990  |  In Base  |
>|          |  SF49565  |  SF49317  |  SF48012  |  SF46155  |
>+----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+
>| 57xx-999 |  MF19563  |  MF19931  |  MF18869  |  MF18061  |
>+----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+
>| 57xx-TC1 |  SF49564  |  SF47713  |  SF47602  |  SF46013  |
>|          |  SF46542  |  SF49569  |  SF46544  |  SF45762  |
>+----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+

Only some of the above PTFs can be applied immediately.  Software Service
recommends applying
all the PTFs at the same time and therefore recommends setting all the
above PTFs to apply Delayed.
Please read cover letters and verify that all co-req's and pre-req's to the
above five PTFs are also applied.

BTW, those using Synapse NetWolf on Win311, Win95, Win98, or WinNT can name
their sessions by doing the following (from the desktop):

1)  Start; Program; Synapse NetWolf; Config (slightly different for Win311
to get to config)
2)  Highlight session to modify and click Configure Session
3)  Click Advanced and enter in the desired device name (legal names only
please)
4)  OK youself out and end configuration.

Regards,

Jerry

At 01:23 PM 11/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I can't help you with the device naming, but the session naming can be
>changed as follows:
>1)  Change the name of the files being used to something meaningful, like
>the system             name  (you'll probably have to copy the files).
>2)  Change (or create) the "AS/400 Connections" entries to point to the new
>files.
>3)  Connect to each session.
>3)  For each session, use the "Window Setup" option under the "Appearance"
>pull-down menu.
>4)  Check the "Session Profile" box and turn off the other check-boxes.  You
>can also change the icon title with this option.
>
>You should notice your window title change immediately.  There may be an
>easier way, but this is how I got it to work.
>
>Donald R. Fisher, III
>Senior Programmer/Analyst
>Heilig-Meyers Furniture Company
>(804) 785-7500 ext. 2124

Jerry Draper, Trilobyte Software Systems, since 1976
Specializing in connecting PC's, Windows, MAC's, and LAN's to the AS/400
Representing Synapse, Apple, IBM, UDS, Nlynx, MI, DCI, Netsoft, etc.
(415) 457-3431; (415) 258-1658fax; jdraper@wco.com