  • Subject: Re: ASCII workstation controller
  • From: "Carl Galgano" <cgalgano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 13:16:54 -0500

You can do SDLC over ASCII (ala Client Access) on the Ascii WSC, however,
from my experience the performance is terrible.  Check out PSIs 3164 if you
must connect to the ASCII controller.  Nina's suggestion of Dial up IP via a
RAS server is DEFINITLY the way to go.  There are just som many ways of
implementing this solution depending on existing hardware that it is
difficult to recommend the "best" way to do it.  If there is no other
networking equipment or RS server, you really can't beat a hardware based
RAS server that connects via ethernet.  Pretty reasonable, easy to configure
and VERY FAST.
Carl Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
http://cgalgano.home.mindspring.com