  • Subject: RE: Creating Overlays with AFP Print Driver
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 13:56:08 -0500

Not sure.  I'd have to try it and see.  However, I get the impression that you
already have this setup.  Do you, or are you just evaluating this option?  If
you do have this setup, are you able to get it to work?

I've tested these successfully on the following:

Lexmark OptraS 1650 configured as:
CRTDEVPRT DEVD(P1) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) +
         SWTLINLST(LANLINSYS) LANATTACH(*LEXLINK) +
         ADPTADR(00200022123D) ADPTTYPE(*EXTERNAL) +
         ADPTCNNTYP(*PARALLEL) PORT(1) ATTACH(*DIRECT) +
         ONLINE(*YES) FONT(011 *NONE) FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) +
         SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INQ) MSGQ(QUSRSYS/P1) +
         ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(*SEC15) LINESPEED(19200) WORDLEN(8) +
         PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) +
         MFRTYPMDL(*IBM4039HP) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) PPRSRC2(*LETTER) +
         ENVELOPE(*NUMBER10) ASCII899(*NO) IMGCFG(*NONE) +
         CHRID(*SYSVAL) TEXT('Systems Printer')

HP laser jet 4 attached to a PC using Client Access, SNA, configured as:
CRTDEVPRT DEVD(TECHPRT) DEVCLS(*VRT) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) +
         ONLINE(*NO) CTL(QVIRCD0001) FONT(011 *NONE) +
         SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INFO) MSGQ(*LIBL/QSYSOPR) +
         TRANSFORM(*YES) MFRTYPMDL(*PAN4430HP) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) +
         PPRSRC2(*LETTER) ENVELOPE(*NONE) ASCII899(*NO) +
         IMGCFG(*NONE) CHRID(*SYSVAL) +
         TEXT('Device created for TECHPC.') DEPLOCNAME(*NONE)

etc

I did leave out one thing on the CHGPRTF and OVRPRTF:
DEVTYPE(*AFPDS)

art@link400.com on 11/02/98 01:16:11 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet