  • Subject: Re: Seeking your considered opinion.........
  • From: "Kathleen Kostuck" <kkostuck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:16:39 -0600

Hello Endre,

I recommend that you get in touch with your local user group (LUG).  If you
don't know of one, contact COMMON (www.common.org) and ask them.  Our LUG,
the Wisconsin Midrange Computer Professional's Association (WMCPA) is
currently working with some local tech schools and with IBM to promote
AS/400 education in our area.  Part of that effort is to get equipment.  I
know of at least one local tech school that received an F20 free from IBM
last year.  I don't know what else was included.

The person to contact at AS/400 Partners In Education (PIE) is Linda
Grigoleit, the program manager.
In her words, "PIE is a unique program through which an AS/400
customer(s),user group or business partner can "sponsor" a college,
university, community or technical college, or vocational school.  IBM will
provide equipment options to the school for hardware and software and
provide other support such as
curriculum, hardware maintenance discounts, faculty education, software
subscription, etc.  The basic tenant of the program is to form a 3-way
partnership between our customers and business partners, the schools, and
IBM to increase AS/400 skills."
Contact info for Linda:
 Linda Grigoleit
 AS/400 Partners In Education
 3605 Hwy 52 North, IMAD 922
 Rochester, MN  55902
 507-253-7508          T/L 553-7508          lfg@us.ibm.com

Through Linda, you may be able to get in touch with other schools for
curriculum ideas, etc.

HTH,

Kathleen Kostuck
(414) 402-0820       fax (414) 495-4986
kkostuck@execpc.com
AS/400 Solutions
Secretary - Wisconsin Midrange Computer Professionals Association

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com