 David & John,

        While I agree with David that the problem could be fixed with a
design change, maybe there is another way. David, instead of trying to
fix the associated records in the trigger program, could you not send a
data queue entry to another process that would then roll through the PF
with a SETLL/READE loop and reset the flags.

        By the way, just to take John's concepts one step further, when
the dunning letter goes out I would start a new transaction file that
tracks the dunning status for historical review.

        Good Luck,
        JMS