  • Subject: Re: configuring remote printer queue
  • From: Wayne Capwell <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 07:28:22 -0400

I have been following this thread and I must be missing something basic.
I have two AS/400s on an ethernet lan. One running v4r2, the other on
v4r1.  I also have a pc w/ printer on the lan acting as an AS/400 system
printer thru an appn configuration w/ CA400 (3.1.3).
Is there an easier way to get a single lan printer acting as a system
printer to both AS/400s?  Please be specific.  References to manuals or
examples are good too.
Thanks everyone,
Wayne

Nick Arnold wrote:

> Can you not do CRTOUTQ, and specify that its remote and give it the IP
> address of the printer, you can do this on SYSA and B.
>
> I can provide a description of the outq I have here if needed.
>
> Thanks
>
> Nick
>
> Nick Arnold
> Head of Corporate Servers & Data Management,
> Production Services,
> CNGIT

Wayne Capwell                |      Red Oak Technologies, Inc.
11301 Carmel Commons Blvd.   |      ==========================
Suite 114                    |     Intranet - Internet - AS400
Charlotte, NC 28226          |  Consulting & Development Services

(704) 525-0038 (ph.)         |        (704) 525-6805 (fax)
wayne@redoaktech.com         |     http://www.redoaktech.com/