  • Subject: RE: FTP server authority issue
  • From: Tim McCarthy <TimM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 10:30:26 -0400

I don't know what we're disagreeing on - what you said is exactly the
point I was making. IBM should _NOT_ be using CRTPF - especially not the
QSYS qualified version - for the FTP PUT command. It _IS_ a security
loophole, and one that was introduced somewhere between V3R2 and V4R2.
But I _WOULD_ expect that the interface (from the FTP client's point of
view) remains the same from one release of OS/400 to the next.

Tim