  • Subject: Re: SQL without licenced program product
  • From: Dave Shaw <dshaw1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:50:23 -0400

ASC's Sequel does not provide for embedded SQL in HLL's.  It DOES provide an
SQL-syntax replacement for OPNQRYF which is FANTASTIC, and there are lots of
other neat features that are much more difficult with any of IBM's SQL tools
and interfaces.  It slices, it dices, it even mices!  And the new version
now runs at security levels 40 and 50, so Al doesn't need to dismiss it out
of hand any more! <grin>

I am a very satisfied Sequel customer, and have been for 8 years.  ASC knows
my shop well, too - we're professionals at finding extreme ways to use and
abuse it.  In the end, it always works for us - they support it well.

Dave Shaw, General Nutrition, Greenville, SC (just down the road from BMW -
Bubba Makes Wheels :)
The opinions expressed may not be my employer's unless I'm sufficiently
persuasive...