  • Subject: Looking for an RPG editor to work in a PC .......
  • From: Jon.Paris@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:12:49 -0400

>> I am looking for software to work from home writing rpg code

I'm most familiar with IBM's Code/400 which will do what you want.  It also
allows you to design Display and Printer files.  If you cache the file
descriptions you can do everything except generate an executable.  i.e. it
will perform _all_ of the validation that the compiler would do, so when
you compile on the 400 you know it will be clean.  You can get an
evaluation copy by going to IBM's web site at
www.software.ibm.com/ad/varpg.  Please note that this is the corrct site -
the www.rpgiv.com reference posted earlier will take you to Bob Cozzi's web
page - his product is called Code Studio.

Aldon offer a similar product called Flex/Edit which I haven't used much
but its fans rave about it.  Check their web site for a trial version.

I'm not familiar with the Trident offering (is this a revamp of the Native
software or California Software products ? does anyone know ?) but I do see
from their web page that it only offers RPG III (RPG/400) with apparently
no support for RPG IV.