> 1.) Jon Paris getting married?  Did I really miss something?  If it is true
> (guess it had to be it was in Thursday's Green Streak) congratulations to
> Jon and Susan......man, talk about an 'programmed' marriage! :-)

Yupper..they had a nice little surprise for them at CUDs on Tues pm....

> 3.) Frank Soltis claimed that the AS/400 can run any AIX application today
> without any modifications and that most UNIX applications fall into this

Uh, Frank said in NOLA that this summer there would be no difference under
the covers between a RS/6000 and AS/400 ....draw your own own
conclusions.. :)

> 4.) Supposedly, the lab has a working prototype of an AS/400 that is
> slightly larger than a laptop.  The idea of an AS/400 workstation was
> talked about quite a bit.  The issue from Rochester seems to be one of
> finding a business case for it......a lot of people at COMMON seemed to be
> for it.

Actually, I've been told by the lab folks that there's no reason why you
can't run os/400 on a pentium platform....

> 6.) DOMINO.  Hot topic.  The AS/400 is now the second most popular Domino
> platform after NT.  AS/400 sales are more than the three UNIX flavors
> combined.....

Well maybe IBM will now stop marketing NT and start marketing OS/400...:)

> 8.) Requirements seemed woefully weak overall.  Not very many and not many
> juicy ones.  I'm not sure if this is good news or bad.  Good meaning things
> are in good shape and IBM is doing the right thing, bad meaning we didn't
> get much in on this opportunity to present our case to IBM....

Actually  I think we only had 10 requirements submitted (Neil?).  And no,
I don't think it's because IBM's doing a great job...I think there was
just a lower turnout of attendees and not many knew about requirements
(which is being worked on) and some had a problem signing on to
requirements...

Don in DC