  • Subject: Re: QPWD values
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 15:49:44 -0500

QPWDEXPITV can be overriden on a per user basis with CHGUSRPRF PWDEXPITV.
That is about it.  Or you can completely change course.  Don't use any
system value that you don't want to override.  Use QPWDVLDPGM instead.
Code a program to do all that you want to do and relax on the users you
want to relax on.  QPWDVLDPGM gets called after the rest of the values are
checked.  Plan C is to tell the reluctants that outside auditors are
getting AS/400 savvy.  WHEN you get an IS audit they will ask about these
system values.  Relaxing it for certain people in accounting will really
drive the auditors crazy.

subb3@ibm.net on 10/01/98 03:35:17 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet