  • Subject: RE: SWA help
  • From: Neil Palmer <NeilP@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:52:41 -0400

I would report that to IBM as a bug and make them fix it.  In a
restricted state you should not have to be concerned with object locks
on anything when doing a backup - assuming  the system did actually end
to a restricted state (check for msg in QSYSOPR).

A possible circumvention for this may be to vary off any comm
lines/network interfaces - that may free the locks the Network Stations
have.

PS - 10 lashes with a wet noodle for using IBMIRD as the volume id on
your tapes instead of assigning unique volid's so you can tracl for
tape defects through the Product Activity Log in STRSST, or with the
PRTERRLOG *VOLSTAT command.

Neil Palmer         DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
                                             AS/400~~~~~
Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada    ___________          ___  ~
Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:   (905) 731-9202          oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com        AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server