  • Subject: Re: Storing dates - revisted...
  • From: "Kathleen Kostuck" <kkostuck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 14:57:46 -0500

Chuck,

I agree with Bruce on this output issue.  If people 'know' that 99 = 1999,
then they will 'know' that 00 = 2000.  What is vital is that the output is
absolutely consistant in the format of the dates presented.  You'd  best
make sure that you don't have any reports or screens where the data is
presented raw or 'unflipped', in other words, in YYMMDD format.  While
anyone would be able to figure out the correct date for 99/12/31, once
those dates start showing up as 01/01/02, well...

JMHO,
Kathleen Kostuck
pager (414) 402-0820       fax (414) 495-4986
kkostuck@execpc.com
AS400 Solutions
Secretary - Wisconsin Midrange Computer Professionals Association

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com