Bob,

>I have seen numerous examples of data being
truncated, Text fields that are conditioned are
not handled >properly, they always display.

You can change whether the field is displayed by
using the object's visibility settings.  If the
output of the screen field is empty, set the panel
object to 'hide'.   Truncation is usually caused
by a field that is wrapped or by various settings
on the screen definition, the original build
template or the panel object.  Easy fix is to
lengthen the field length or set the font to
proportional.

>Sometimes the manual is not very clear (What's
new?), and the grammar is not always what I am
>accustomed to. (Sort of a slight european accent
so to speak).

I agree about the manual, if you have a 3.0
version and a 4.0 version of the manual you're in
great shape.  Generally, the older ones are
better, especially if you are writting scripts or
adding VB.  Their support is excellent though.

>I am hoping that the problems I see are caused by
the lack of experience with the
>product, and not the product itself.

The product does offer a lot of flexibility.
There are a number of settings to understand but
once you get comfortable with them you'll be
dazzling the users!  You can email me with
questions if you'd like, I'd be glad to help.

Bill Meecham
Sr Project Leader
wm@extol.com