  • Subject: Re: Line/Controller configuration weirdness
  • From: John Earl <johnearl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 06:38:09 -0700

Richard,

Here is a shot in the dark....I've seen autoconfig do this with CTLD and DEVD's,
but havn't (yet) seen it happen with a LIND.

If autoconfig doesn't like the LIND that you created (based on the hardware that
you are attached to), it could delete the LIND and create a new one for you that
it thinks is a better match for the hardware.  The problem is that the new line
is created with a different name, so you're not going to readily notice it.

Does this system have any newly created lines attached to it?   You can look at
the Object Description to see when it was created.

jte

--
John Earl
PowerTech Toolworks

Riley Nichole Earl, Born 7/6/98 - 8lb 11oz.  Already an AS/400 fan!