  • Subject: V3R2 to V4R2 - HTTP gets all messed up.... help?
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:12:42 -0500

Over the weekend we transferred from V3R2 (30s) to V4R2 (50s).  We had
an HTML discussion forum set up using the AS/400 as the server, and RPG
programs as CGI.  It worked great there.

Now, it doesn't work.

1.  To display messages in a certain forum, I would pass a parameter
along in the URL.  For example, to list message (program LSTMSG) in the
RPG forum, I would pass the following URL.

http://oursystem.com/cgi-bin/LSTMSG.PGM?RPG

This would simply pass "RPG" into the program, so it knew which messages
to load.  Now, I am getting an error stating that invalid characters
exists.  Luckily it showed me the hex value and the last 7 characters
are X'00' when they should be X'40' (blanks).  It worked fine on V3R2,
but now it seems the ASCII to EBCDIC translation is messed up.  I think
this is the root of all our problems.

Any ideas?  I've looked at the HTTP configuration and haven't seen
diferences.  Thanks much!

Bradley V. Stone
bvstone@taylorcorp.com