  • Subject: Re: PeopleSoft HR or other HR software
  • From: HAVEAJOB@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 17:42:34 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/98 11:47:11 AM Central Daylight Time,
kkostuck@execpc.com writes:

<< Hello All,

 A client is looking for some HR software to run on the 400.  They need
 payroll, HR, and a nice to have would be labor tracking.

 They've asked about PeopleSoft, does anyone have any experience with it,
 good or bad?

 Any other favorite or not-so-happy-with packages?

 TIA

 Kathleen Kostuck >>

Kathleen - Peoplesoft has a good reputation for their HR modules and have
quite an extensive user community.  Since Peoplesoft is one of the "hot"
packages out there, though, and your client can expect to pay quite a premium
to get knowledgeable programmers and consultants. If they decide to train
their own, they better be prepared to beat off the recruiters with a stick
{present company excluded! :-)  - Peoplesoft is NOT my primary area of
recruiting activity}.  Although I believe I do have some clients who use
Peoplesoft on an AS/400, I typically hear of Peoplesoft more commonly in use
on UNIX and other client/server systems.

Peoplesoft training is in very high demand right now and one of the
considerations must surely be ongoing expenses.  I recently received a resume
from a candidate who was a consultant that had just completed a project and
was looking for another assignment.  Now, his core experience was on the
Peoplesoft Financials side, with about 1-1/2 yrs PS and about 3-1/2 yrs total
experience.  The candidate is a foreign national working in the US on an H-1
visa, and was taking home about $70/hr, which meant his bill rate through the
consultant was probably in the $125/hr range mimimum.

My $.02...

Dave Brown
888-917-1112