  • Subject: Re: AS/400 RPG Certification Test
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 9:24:29 -0500

There is some arguement for knowing some of this stuff instead of just looking
it up.  Many of use read the new manuals
right away.  Jumping to the sections 'what is new for this release'.  It's when
I have to show someone with a few years
experience in RPG what the SETLL operation code is that I think certification
would provide a higher level of confidence
in the programmer.  Does the RPG certification require renewal like the CCP
does, (unless you were grandfathered)?  I work with some sharp people but there
is always someone that would not do something new if you pointed a gun to their
head.

I am starting to do all my new stuff in ILERPG but have yet to figure out how
to do a procedure.  God knows I want to.
Purchased the ATS courses but they stop short of procedures.  I mention this
for two reasons.  One, maybe the RPG
certification is the challenge I need to get up to snuff.  Two, any
recomendations as to how to learn procedures, activation
groups and what not?  The new op codes, eval, record layouts, 'D' specs, etc
were pretty simple to figure out.

peteh@inwave.com on 09/02/98 10:36:52 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@MIDRANGE.COM@Internet