  • Subject: CHGTELNA - Inactivity timeout (INACTTIMO)
  • From: "Goins, Kirk : CO IR" <KGoins@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 11:17:00 -0700

Couple of options
1. Chg the dft action to disconnect not end, this would preserve data and
position in menus etc. CHGSYSVAL QINACTMSGQ(DSCJOB). If you go this way set
the sysval QDSCJOBITV to something say 1 hour. this will keep the job in dsc
until that timer expires and then will end. So a 1hr will DSC and 1 hour
later it would end if that user doesn't sign back on that WS assuming you
are setting you r initial timeout to 1hr.

2. Chg the dft action to send a msg to a msgq CHGSYSVAL QINACTMSGQ
(lib/queue). This will give you the job info, you can monitor that outq and
act on each request. We do this here. We have 5 production cpus 4 are
hospitals where workstations are sometimes accessable to other than staff.
Our timeout set to 10 minutes. We do have area behind locked doors such as
our billing personel which do not need to timeout. We wrote a little diddy
that compares the workstation ID with a file. If the WSID is in the file
then we ignore that WSID and go back and pickup the next msg.