  • Subject: Re: CRTLF SHARE parm management
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 8:35:25 -0500

Do a CRTDUPOBJ on CRTLF, twice.  The first time store it into a BPCS library.
The second time store it into a user library that will be in the library list
for the other applications but not BPCS.  Rename the original CRTLF to XCRTLF.
Do a CHGCMDDFT on one of the copied commands to get the SHARE changed.
When you upgrade operating systems do a WRKCMD X* to find your renamed
commands, or as other users pointed out, just type in x* and hit enter.
There will be some extreme opinions about this.  One camp will say IBM is the
supreme being and you shouldn't mess with anything in their libraries.  Others
will say that the 400 is not an open system because IBM doesn't provide source.
 Pros and cons both ways.  One concern, what happens when you install that
'New' package that doesn't use either user library?  Heck, how often do you do
that?  Go for the rule, let the exceptions prove the rule.  Cost/benefit, risk
analysis, blah, blah, blah.....

dah6696@Goulds1.com on 08/28/98 01:02:41 AM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet