  • Subject: An Indiana users group
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 12:59:40 -0500

Just thought I'd let you know that there is a Fort Wayne Indiana Users group
that might interest you.  Normally 30-40 people attend each meeting.  They meet
the second Tuesday of the month, September through May.  Name of the group is
STATUS.  It's been around awhile, the first two letters used to stand for
System Three.  Target is IBM midrange.  For membership contact Dave Carpenter
at 219-460-4263 or at Dlcarpe@us.ibm.com.  Membership is $75/company/year.

Topics from last years meetings include:
The benefits of incorporating Internet, Intranet, Extranet and the WWW
application into an AS/400 shop.
How the AS/400 and I/Net can solve your business needs.
Lotus Notes and Domino
Electronic Commerce
WinCenter and network computing

Topic of meeting for Tuesday, September 8, 1998:
Tom Rockwell and Chad Alexander will be discussing Microsoft directions,
introduction to Windows98, and Win98 vs WinNT on the business desktop.
Tom graduated from IU in 1982.  He has been with Microsoft for five years and
is the Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider Representative for Indiana.  Chad
has been with Microsoft for one year and is a Microsoft Certified Systems
Engineer specializing in NT networking and messaging.

Cost of attending meeting is $15.00/person, includes dinner.  Menu for this
meeting is Broccoli Salad, Pork Cutlet in peppercorn sauce, Oven Browned
Potatoes, Whole Baby Carrots, French Bread & Butter, Texas Sheet Cake.  Cash
bar is available.

The group does not currently have a web site.