  • Subject: Re: COMMON Spouses Program
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 01:07:14 EDT

David (et al),

> COMMON Called yesterday about my wife's guest registration. While talking to
>  COMMON today, they said the Board did not feel there would be any interest
> in the
>  guest program, so they canceled it. Just onew more change for the better?
at
>  COMMON.

What the he** is _WRONG_ with COMMON lately??!!  No CD, now no guest program?
I took my wife to N/O, and she had a GREAT time on the guest trips.  The only
downside was that some of her friends made on the first trip couldn't go on
the "Fee Only" trips because people that _WERE SUPPOSED TO BE IN CLASS_  were
going on the guest trips and filling up all the slots that weren't pre-paid.

No interest??!!  They had to hire an extra bus for one tour in New Orleans,
and said that they'd do it for the others but didn't follow through!  I
considered attending Anaheim myself, even though I consider it a waste to
attend more than one a year unless you're a presenter, so that my kids could
see the Disney that _I_ saw as a child.  Glad I decided against it.  COMMON
cannot possibly be losing money on conferences unless its' through gross
negligence.  At N/O they ripped the remaining refreshments from the guest room
before class was out, and 3/5 of the guest program activities were "fee only".

Perhaps COMMON's response to the Guest Program complaints of New Orleans was
to eliminate it altogether.  Same for the CD problems.  Heaven forbid we take
the time to fix them.  I'm _VERY_ disappointed that we haven't heard from any
COMMON board members here...

Saddened,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-Mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"No man is an island, although many resemble one." -- Anonymous