  • Subject: Re: Twinax/ethernet cards and freezing conflicts; was x
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 22:49:27 -0400

Jerry,

  This also happens for the IO port.  For a real world example try
installing an IBM T/R card with a Sound Blaster or compatable at the
default port settings.  The T/R uses A20 and the blaster 220.  Lose one
bit and the blaster 'sees' 220 when data is sent to the T/R card - big
problem!  Hence the T/R must be set to use it's alternate IO port even
though there is no apparent conflict.

  BTW - Anyone ever run into an IO Port, IRQ, or memory conflict
installing an AS/400 card?????? (I didn't think so.)

  Larry Bolhuis
  Arbor Solutions, Inc
  lbolhui@ibm.net

  For a real life example