  • Subject: RE: CHKOBJ for IFS object
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 16:58:38 -0500

Yes I did check out the parameters.  The parameters are:

Filename
(Input Char(*)) Character string of the Integrated File System filename of the
ASCII MIME note. The entire path must be specified. The file will be unlinked
after the framework is finished processing it. This means that if this is the
last link the file will be deleted. This file must contain an Internet-ready
MIME note that adheres to the standards called Request for Comment (RFC).

Length of filename
(Input Binary(4)) The number of bytes in the filename (the entire path name).
Maximum length is 255 bytes (no NULL assumed at end).

Originator address (SMTP)
(Input Char(*)) Character string of an SMTP originator address. The part of the
address inside the brackets <>. For example, "John Smith" <
smith@myhost.mytown.com>.

Length of originator
(Input Binary(4)) Length of originator address string (not including any NULL).
Maximum length is 256 bytes.

First recipient address (SMTP)
(Input ADDT0100(*)) First address structure which contains a recipient address.

Total number of recipients
(Input Binary(4)) Number of recipient address structures (must be at least
one).

Error code
(I/O Char(*)) The structure to return error information.

***************
I see a 'First recipient address'.  I see a 'Total number of recipients', which
alludes that you should be able to send to more than one.  If this is true,
then were do you put the rest of the recipients?  And, correct me if I am
wrong, but isn't it generally accepted practice in list API's to put the
counter telling you the number of list entries prior to the list entries
themselves?  This makes it much easier to do a
1    DO    NbrRecipients
kind of loop.

Maybe I am thinking of this all wrong.  Perhaps the 'Total number of
recipients' is just used for a hash total.  Maybe I should be using the first
field of the ADDT0100 structure, which is 'Offset to next address structure'.
If this is zero then there is no next address structure?  Maybe I'll play with
that tomorrow.  Confirm with me if I am on the right track.

I think that the DSPLNK is the closest command in comparison to CHKOBJ.

dleland@Harter.com on 08/25/98 04:37:40 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet