>Maybe these are easier (and different) questions:
>1.     I'd like a CL program to know which subsystem it's running in.
>What's the best way to obtain that information. RTVJOBA doesn't appear
>to have that information. I could receive the job submission messages,
>but they'd only show which job queue it was submitted to.

RTVNETA SYSNAME(&VAR) will return the system name.

>2.     In an effort to streamline our weekly backup processes, I've
>been trying to create a single CL that will do the backup for us. I've
>been trying to ENDSBS *ALL.  Will ENDSBS *ALL run through an interactive
>CL? I know I can't submit that CL to batch (even in the controlling
>subsystem) because an error message occurs. So, can I programmatically
>ENDSBS *ALL in interactive and/or batch?

Interactively:

ENDSBS *ALL *IMMED
SAVSYS
SAVLIB LIB(*NONSYS)  [ACCPTH(*YES) optional]
SAVDLO DLO(*ALL) FLRNAME(*ANY)
SAV OBJ(('/*') ('/QSYS.LIB' *OMIT) ('/QDLS' *OMIT) UPDHST(*YES)
STRSBS QCTL  [or QBASE - whichever is in system value QCTLSBSD)

Go a GO SAVE, type in option 21, and press HELP.

>3.     In that CL program, how would I know when the system is
>restricted? Is there an API I can call or must I do a WRKSBS
>OUTPUT(*PRINT) and massage the spoolfile?

Just key in CL as shown in above sample.

>                               Thanks in advance,
>Loyd Goodbar

Charlie Massoglia, Massoglia Technical Consulting, Inc.
PO Box 1065, Okemos, MI 48854, USA
517-676-9700  Fax: 517-676-1006  EMAIL: cmassoglia@voyager.net