  • Subject: EIGRP vs. RIP
  • From: "Cynthia M. Kovarik" <ckovarik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 21:41:42 -0400

We recently changed our Cisco Switch/Cisco Routers/Novell & NT servers,
to accomodate TCP/IP.  In the process, we discovered that one of our
(two) remotes was experiencing extremely bad response time over frame.
Was told that this was due to change from RIP (not sure if 1 or 2) to
EIGRP (... was subsequently told that 50 routers are necessary to
benefit from EIGRP?).  Does anyone else have similar scenario? ... or
can vouch for EIGRP/RIP arguement?  ... does anyone else use Sprint for
telecom and reactively needs to call them to "optimize traffic" over
their frame?  Any and all suggestions welcome!  TIA