  • Subject: RE: Moving - AS/400 S/36
  • From: Neil Palmer <npalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 15:02:06 -0600

A 5363 is reasonably bulletproof.  You shouldn't have to worry about
locking down the disks, that should be automatic when you power off (I
believe the last time we had to worry about these were with S/38, and
9332/9335 disks, but they're almost older than you are !).  You should
stick a sacrificial 5.25" diskette in the drive to protect the diskette
heads from any rough handling.

Just be gentle with it, try to avoid dropping it or driving through any
large potholes, and you should be OK.
If it doesn't come up at the new location, try reseating all the cards
first before you turn it into a doorstop.

Neil Palmer                                AS/400~~~~~
NxTrend Technology - Canada   ____________          ___  ~
Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238   |__________|_|______|_|______)
Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238    oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com    AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server
http://www.NxTrend.com