  • Subject: RE: Intro to the AS400 for the non-technical person
  • From: Bob Crothers <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 09:22:31 -0000

Don,

No ulterior motives.  She is not a Booth Bimbo in the least.  Nor is
she trying to "wing her way in the door".  Just trying to gain more
knowledge about the AS/400.

Is this a crime?  I don't think so.  It is pretty hard to exist in
this business without dealing with sales folks.  They are a necessary
evil (sort of like accountants).  And wouldn't you rather deal with
one who knows a little bit about your favorite platform?

This person is not expected to know the AS/400 to the level you and
most of those on this list know it.  But, they should have a working
knowledge.  Say the level of a power user.

You don't expect the car salesman to know how to work on your car
(that's the mechanics job).  But you do expect them to know how to
work the features that a person using the car would/should know about.
 The same thing applies here.

Bob