  • Subject: RE: Moving An AS/400
  • From: Eric <Eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 12:15:54 -0700

Mike,
1. Make sure that you have your IBM CE comes out and preps the box before
it moves;
2. When selecting a company to move your AS/400, select one that has
experience moving this computer equipment.
3. Be aware that moving companys insure what they move by the pound!  Be
sure that you have the necessary insurance to cover your AS/400  if  the
AS/400 is damaged or destroyed.
4. The moving company should come out and determine how they are going to
load it on the truck before it is actually moved.  You don't want them
rolling it over asphalt.  They may have to lay plywood to keep vibration to
a minimum.
5. Have your IBM CE meet you at the new site when the AS/400 arrives.  He
will want to make sure that the cards are well seated,  and may do some
diagnostics to make sure everything survived the trip ok..

You may be able to move the AS/400 in the back of someones' van without
incident but be aware of your liability.

Eric Kempter
Director of MIS
Commair Mechanical Services