Hi All,

 I am facing a peculiar problem. I have a CL pgm that submits another CL
in batch. The CL2 then calls an RPGLE program. In my CL1 pgm, I am calling CL2
in batch by sending some parameters as

SBMJOB    CMD(Call CL2  Parm(&App  &Day   &Log))

&App is a character 5 field
&Day is 5, 0 packed whose value is 0
&Log is 9,0 packed whose value should be 1.

 The SBMJOB is calling the CL2 pgm with proper values to all the
parameters. The CL2 then is simply calling RPGLE. In RPGLE, I have *INZSR. I
defined the fields as exactly same as CL attrbutes. DayFld as 5,0 packed and
LogFld as 9,0 packed. But I am getting a Decimal Data Error in *INZSR. When I
did a DUMP of the values, I got

  @@$App             CHAR(5)                  'VG   '
'E5C7404040'X
  @@$LOG             PACKED(9,0)          000000000.       '0000000001'X
  @@$DaY               PACKED(5,0)         00000.               '000000'X

 I can clearly see that the value of @@$LOG is coming to this RPGLE as
0. But I am passing a value of 1. I checked the
joblog for the command it logged. It is sending 1 as the value. But when I
receive in RPGLE, I am getting it as 0.

 The problem is not over. The same process, if I am runnig interactively
is working perfectly. I am not getting any DDE.
Infact in interactive mode, I got the DUMP of values as

 @@$APP                  CHAR(5)              'VG   '
'E5C7404040'X
 @@$LOG             PACKED(9,0)       000000001.       '000000001F'X
 @@$DaY                PACKED(5,0)            00000.
'00000F'X

 I can clearly see that @@$App is getting correct value as 1. The big
difference I found is that in batch call, I am not able
to get the sign nibble 'Fx where as in interative mode, I am getting. The same
is true for the field @@$Day also. In batch mode
the sign bit is wrong for both the numeric values.

 Due to this I am gettting DDE error that says "

0    08/04/98   15:12:47   QWTCCCNJ       QSYS        042B     *N           *N
 Message . . . . :   Decimal data error.
 Cause . . . . . :   The sign or the digit codes of the packed or the zoned
   decimal operand is in error.  Valid signs are hex A-F, valid digit range is
   hex 0-9.

 What is going on here? Can any one explain me this?
Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance for the
help/suggestions.

Rgds
Venu