I didn't include the full CRTDEVPRT command, just some of the pieces you
need.

You must also be at V4R1 (support in base code, but would suggest PTF
SF47169 which is on cum package C8174410) or V4R2, or V3R7 with PTF
SF40506 (preferably latest supersede which is SF48429, and I would also
suggest SF47215).  There is no V3R6 PTF.  There is no support for CISC
releases.

For complete instructions try this link:
http://www.as400service.ibm.com/as4sde/slkbase.nsf/e80dbd2d2852b02286256
5d80076c489/00e3c3d5af21afa6862565c2007d437f?OpenDocument

If that doesn't work:
Go to http://www.as400service.ibm.com/as4sde/slkbase.nsf/slkbase
Click on Print
Click on Search in the section:

                          Support Line Knowledge Base
                                    Web View-Print
                               Previous NextExpandCollapse  Search

(do NOT click Search in the logo at top of the screen)

and enter 8695149 (the document number you want).

Neil Palmer                                AS/400~~~~~
NxTrend Technology - Canada   ____________          ___  ~
Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238   |__________|_|______|_|______)
Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238    oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com    AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server
http://www.NxTrend.com