  • Subject: Re: Design shift of view
  • From: "James W. Kilgore" <qappdsn@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:16:36 -0700

Tim,

In a round about way I was bringing up the shackles we wear with file structures
emulating paper forms.

As far as changing a record structure on the fly, I was hoping that the logical
conclusion would be to get away from the "record" concept altogether and that
would bring us to the point of Rob Dixon's original post.

There were some soundings about the acceptance of "radical" changes in how we do
things.  IMO, radical can be brought to acceptance through logical conclusion
and
the demonstaration that nothing gets lost and plenty gets gained.

James W. Kilgore
qappdsn@ibm.net