  • Subject: RE: Distributed Transaction Processing AS/400 ==> MVS
  • From: "Weatherly, Howard" <hweatherly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:54:24 -0400

Bob,

Thanks for the pointer, I think I found at least part of the
problem. Seems like the MODE does not contain enough
sessions for the ALLOCATE to complete and CICS being frugal
in the area of specific messages, this one is clumped in
with SYSIDERR. However we did make a few changes to get that
far though, I had set the PROFILE parameter to my TRANSID
thinking that profile was arbitrary ( I should really RTFM
on ocassion) in any case this needs to be allowed to default
to the MODE or to specify the mode. Another thing that
occured to me over the weekend was that since I was using my
userid to get to the transaction on the mainframe, it would
be a nice thing if I had access to the regions and the
transaction.This of course involves speaking very nicely to
the security folks :)

_____________
Howard Weatherly

hweatherly@dlis.dla.mil
hweath@ibm.net

X4324

 <<Re: Distributed Transaction Processing AS/400 ==> MVS>>

Not much to go on. In situations like this, a good
communications trace works
wonders. Use the System Service Tools (STRSST) to run a
communications trace on
the device you are working on. There are options to format
the trace so that it
is very readable, even to the point of using test to show
the states of things
like Change Direction Indicator (CDI) or Begin Bracket (BB).
By examining the
trace and possibly reffering to the SNA Formats manual, you
should be able to
pinpoint the exact cause. That will lead to the new
question, how do I fix it? Or
o\possibly, a problem at the other end. That can be fun
because of the mindset of
the comm staff. They figure, it's been working, it must be
your fault!

Good Luck,
Bob Larkin
Consultant
blarkin@wt.net

Weatherly, Howard wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience in setting up APPC between
> an AS/400 -CICS(400) and an MVS(OS/390) CICS?
>
> I have a task in which I need to converse with a
transaction
> on a mainframe. I am stuck with a SYSIDERR  on the
ALLOCATE

MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
MIDRANGE-L-SUB@midrange.com.
MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com
> +---

begin:          vcard
fn:             Bob Larkin
n:              Larkin;Bob
org:            <A HREF="HTTP://web.wt.net/~blarkin/">Larkin Computer Consulting</A>
adr:            <A HREF="http://web.wt.net/~blarkin/">Bob and Diana's Page</A>;;;Houston;TX;<A HREF="http://web.wt.net/~blarkin/">;United States
email;internet: blarkin@wt.net
title:          Systems Consultant
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;4104