Subject: table/array: part 2
Author:  <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com > at INTERNET
Date:    7/24/98 2:20 AM

Hi everyone.

remember that tables & array stuff? well i'm not done
yet. below is the program i typed out but from which i still cannot
weed out any errors, maybe someone knows something i don't? the logic
is somehow still messed up. the only thing i have not added to the
program is some way for the program to look at an
average grade (numeric) and print out a final grade
(alphanumeric)

output ought to look roughly like this:

***start****

xx/xx/xx      wexler u. stu. grd. rpt.   page xx0x

  stu id    name exam exam exam exam exam  avg  final
                   1    2    3    4    5  grade grade
xxx-xx-xxx  xxxx  x0x  x0x  x0x  x0x  x0x  x0x   xx
xxx-xx-xxx  xxxx  x0x  x0x  x0x  x0x  x0x  x0x   xx
xxx-xx-xxx  xxxx  x0x  x0x  x0x  x0x  x0x  x0x   xx
xxx-xx-xxx  xxxx  x0x  x0x  x0x  x0x  x0x  x0x   xx

             avg: x0x  x0x  x0x  x0x  x0x  x0x

****end*****

FWUEXAMP   IT   F    5        DISK
FQSYSPRT   O    F  132        PRINTER OFLIND(*INOF)
D                 DS
DEXMARY                         10S 0 DIM(5)
DEXAM1                   45     47S 0
DEXAM2                   50     52S 0
DEXAM3                   65     67S 0
DEXAM4                   60     62S 0
DEXAM5                   65     67S 0
D*ARRAY FOR AVERAGES
DAVERAGES         S              3S 0 DIM(5)
D*STAND ALONE WORK FIELDS
DCLSSAVG          S              3S 0
DEXMARYTOT        S              3S 0
C                   EVAL      CLSSAVG=0
C                   EXCEPT    HEADINGS
C                   READ      WUEXAMP
C                   DOW       *IN90=*OFF
C*USE DO TO LOOP THRU THE 5 EXAM GRADES FOR THE STUDENT
C                   XFOOT     EXMARY        EXMARYTOT
C                   EVAL      AVERAGES=EXMARYTOT/5
C                   IF        *INOF=*ON
C                   EXCEPT    HEADINGS
C                   EVAL      *INOF=*OFF
C                   ENDIF                              C
    EXCEPT    DETAIL                   C                   READ
WUEXAMP                  C                   ENDDO
         C                   EXCEPT    TOTALS                   C
             EVAL      *INLR=*ON                C
RETURN                             OQSYSPRT   E            HEADINGS
1  1               O                       UDATE         Y     18
   O                                           58 'WEXLER O
                               71 'PAGE'
O                       PAGE          Z     76
O          E            HEADINGS    2
O                                           47 'EXAM'
O                                           52 'EXAM'
O                                           57 'EXAM'
O                                           62 'EXAM'
O                                           67 'EXAM'
O                                           75 'AVG.'  O
                            82 'FINAL' O          E
HEADINGS    1  2               O
    13 'STUDENT ID
O                                           26 'NAME'  O
                            46 '1'     O
            51 '2'     O                                           56
'3'     O                                           61 '4'     O
O                                           66 '5'     O
                            75 'GRADE' O          E            TOTALS
    2                  O                                           38
'CLASS AVERAGE:'
O          E            DETAIL         1               O
        STUNO               12         O                       SLNAME
            30         O                       SFNAME              41
       O                       EXAM1         Z     47         O
               EXAM2         Z     52         O
EXAM3         Z     57         O                       EXAM4         Z
    62         O                       EXAM5         Z     67