  • Subject: Re: TCP/IP Printing and number of copies
  • From: "Michael Kenney" <kenney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 15:50:06 -0400

It depends;
 The number  of copies  has worked for us since V3R1 . Another factor is
your  LPD  client.  We use FLEX/IP on our LANS  and  the copies works fine
. NIPrint  supports the number of copies as well  . The LPD  client which
now comes with Winappc doesn't seem to recognize  number of copies with
standard transform printing, but I beleive if you  define your printer  as
an *SCS with transform NO it is supposed to recognize copies and page
ranges.

 I beleive there is a PTF available now for the RISC boxes which will
provide all the standard support for printers i.e Page ranges etc. It was
introduced back in V3R6 or R7 so you should probably have it.