  • Subject: RE: Re[2]: Communications Manager
  • From: "Weatherly, Howard" <hweatherly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 10:19:06 -0400

Alison,

Backup your CM .CFG files plus the rest of them that share
the same name of the configuration that you are using.
Then go into CM Setup and step through the configuration
process again to make sure all is well there, at the end CM
will verify the config params and log any errors to a file.
This may be enough to kick start the connection or point to
something peculiar.

Is the config just a plain old 5250 emulator? or is it a
special purpose connection such as DataHub?
Did you by any chance add Rumba? or Client Access?

Also make sure that there are no odd disk problems by
booting from your utility disks and running CHKDSK /F

If you still have problems, contact me thru the .mil URL and
I will see if I can help get that fixed.

_____________
Howard Weatherly

hweatherly@dlis.dla.mil
hweath@ibm.net

X4324

 <<Re[2]: Communications Manager >>

     If I'm not mistaken, Token Ring cards usually have a
"default adapter
     address" that is supplied by the card. This value may
be overridden in
     Communications Manager configuration. Depending on how
you are
     connecting, the AS400 *ctld that your PC attaches to
may also need to
     be changed to match the new adapter address.

     It's been YEARS since I worked with CM and OS/2. My
brain has crashed
     a few times since then, so I may be barkin' up th'
wrong tree, so to
     speak.

     Good luck.
     Eric A DeLong