Date:   7/3/98 10:03 AM

RE:     integrated NT server

Reinhold
Guten Tag or is it Guten Nochmitag?

One small(?) thing is that the AS/400 is the ONLY platform to my knowledge
that will allow you to run two different versions of R3(Like this release
and the next) at the same time!   So as upgrades come and go, that would
be nice.

Oh ya,  another small thing,  can you say 99.9% available?

How many system support people do you have for the VM/VSE ? Well that number
would probably remain the same or increase for Unix or the ROWs and ROWs
of NT's that you would need.  As compared to the AS/400 which I suspect
would be much less.  Total cost man,  TOTAL COST !

On the integrated NT,  Lets say you have a remote site,  If you had an
NT server there(or lots of them, they multiply as you know) and it needed
to be rebooted(not that I've ever heard of that being needed on a day by
day basis)  you would have to have someone physically do the three finger
salute I think.
With the AS/400 Integrated server NT,  You could sign on to the remote
AS/400 (which WON'T be down) and just do a STRNTSRV or some similar command
to reboot the NT server.  From your home location.  I believe this is true,
If it's not I'm sure someone on the list will be very quick to correct me.

Aufweiderhoren (It's been 25 years, give me credit for trying!)

John Carr
EdgeTech
804-739-7689
74711.77@compuserve.com

Hi,

we are a VM/VSE shop but are going to install SAP R/3 on a AS/400 S40. We
are thinking
on adding additional load to this machine. So should it act as DNS server
and perform
the backup of all operational data.

My question here is: Is an integrated NT server usable and what would be
the benefit.

Besides this, I'm interested in all tips about SAP R/3 on AS/400. Also
appreciate
all pros and cons aboutn NT versus AS/400 (our management would prefer NT
or
UNIX as SAP platform!).

thanks in advance

Reinhold Wagner

Zeuna Staerker GmbH & Co. KG
Biberbachstr. 9
D - 86154 Augsburg
Germany

Tel.: +49 821 4103 490   Fax.: +49 821 4103 7490
eMail: rwagner@zeunastaerker.de