Subject: Telnet question
Author:  <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com > at INTERNET
Date:    6/22/98 10:48 AM

Hi All,

 Today I encountered a peculiar situation. We have some AS boxes at our place
and some at different plants across US. We access the remote boxes by doing a
Telnet. Today I did a Telnet to one of the boxes and worked. After sometime, I
tried to access another AS remote box from this remote box. So I did a Telnet
from the first remote box to second remote box. I got connected to the second
one. After finishing my work on second box, I sign-off from second box, pressed
Esc and ended Telnet session. But when I ended the Telnet session for the
second remote box, I was expecting that I will be coming back to my first
remote box. But instead I came back to my local box. I am confused. Can anyone
explain me what exactly is going on when I ended the Telnet for second remote
box and why I came back to my local box (when I pressed Esc, it has ended the
Telnet session to both of my remote sites.!!) Thanx in advance for any help.

Regards,
Venu