Eric:
I have done a fair amount of SNA over FR simulating multipoint lines.  We
were using MCI FR and Vanguard (motorola) MP routers, and IBM 5494s so maybe
I can help.  First you can not change a lind from *MP to *NONSWTPP, so you
will need to regenerate the lind.  You can do a rtvcfgsrc command and save
the configuration source to a CL source file and then modify the paramaters
in the file and copile and run the program to regenerate the line.  (If you
don't feel like rekeying everything).

On other thing to check, even though you are setting up a *MP line on the
AS400, each 5394 should be set up as point to point.  This may be somewhat
of a guess, but it is tru with the Vanguard routers.  They perform SNA
spoofing (I always loved that term) so the 5494 thinks he is communicating
on a point to point circuit.  The router and the 5494 exchange Xids locally
before they are passed to the AS400.

You should also do a comm trace using STRSST, then select option 3.  This
will tell you at the protocol level what (if anything) is being exchanged
between the host and the remote 5494.

Hope this helps.
Carl

Carl Galgano